Monday 8 August 2011

Week 6: Do I Measure Up?

Week six and it's time for weigh in! I've been filled with a bit of dread but loads of excitement this week to see what I've managed to achieve with the Power Plate training so far.

I've abandoned the scales - my weight seems to fluctuate depending on the amount of water I've drunk, where in the month it happens to be, how much sleep I got the night before... not overly encouraging. So I gave up the scales since I last wrote about it and am relying heavily on centimetres lost. I'm feeling good.

So my old measurements, taken on 28 June 2011, were as follows:
Arm:  Left - 31cm
           Right - 32cm
Stomach (from belly button): 91cm
Hips:  94.5cm
Thigh:  Left - 66.5cm
             Right - 66cm

My new measurements, taken on 3 August 2011, are now:

Arm:  Left - 31cm
           Right - 31.5cm
Stomach (from belly button): 88cm
Hips:  95cm
Thigh:  Left - 65.5cm
             Right - 65.5cm


As you can see, there's been a good shift in stomach fat (I've lost 3cm) and my thighs do seem smaller (I've lost approx 1cm from each). It's a positive step forward and I'm actually really happy with it.

The thing I seem to have noticed the most though is that my body seems to be changing shape - I feel smaller, and my clothes don't fit the way they used to. I'm still persevering, but this blog was an opportunity for me to share with you what you can achieve in six weeks of Power Plate training.

I hope you've got something out of it - whether it was a new Power Plate program, a new diet diary, or just a curious look inside someone else's head, I hope there was something for everyone. I'll continue to keep you posted on my progress - perhaps not weekly, but I'll certainly let you all know my next measurements in another six weeks. By then it will also be Spring... perhaps the bikini might come out of the drawer early this year!

Elise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment