Friday 29 July 2011

Week 5: Why Giving Up Isn't an Option

I saw my mum for the first time in a month over the weekend and she said "Have you lost weight?"
Why yes I have mum, thanks for asking! However now that I've actually been asked by someone, I'm dangling dangerously on the edge of the "I've made a difference - I can give up now" category.
I've been in this category before. I lose a few kilos, start to look good, but once someone comments on how I've lost weight or am looking thinner, I privately have a little victory dance then head straight to the Cadbury's Family-Sized block of Top Deck chocolate to celebrate.
Despite the urge to throw in the towel, I've still been training regularly throughout the week. I'm not motivated by it, and I all of a sudden don't think it's fun, but it's now a habit... and that's awesome. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit and it looks as though I've well and truly formed it, whether I feel like pumping out 60sec sumo squats or not.
This week I'd like some input from you all - does everyone experience the 'I can give up now' phenomenon? How do you get over it?

No comments:

Post a Comment