Wednesday 13 July 2011

Week 3: We're All in This Together...

It's all getting a bit like routine now. I've not yet bailed out of any of my Power Plate sessions and the chocolate hasn't managed to creep back in to my kitchen cupboard. I no longer ache, and I no longer crave sugar with the ferocity I'm used to.
It may be the calm before the storm (you know, the storm where I start eating brown sugar from the packet because there's no other sugary treats in the house) but I'm pottering along (Harry Potter not included) and I do feel better for it.
It actually reminds me a bit of that Sex and the City episode where Miranda makes herself brownies and becomes addicted to cake. Only I've now gotten over the eating-cake-from-the-bin  phase and am now up to the pour-dishwashing-liquid-all-over-it stage.




The rest of the Power Plate team have been so supportive and have taken on their own quests to get more healthy and stop with the naughty mid-afternoon snacks. Greg is bringing his lunch from home now, and keeping it real with lots of fresh green beans, tuna and brown rice. Livvy has been going to the gym during her lunch break and doing Power Plate massages at the end of the day. Cameron has been running in the lead up to City 2 Surf, and even 7-months pregnant Clare has been making beautiful pumpkin soup for her mid-morning snack.
Now that the weather has really cooled down here in Sydney I'm a bit worried that I'll give up too easily. The warm confines of my snuggle-y bed are a hell of a lot more appealing than getting up and exercising before work. Surely other people experience this problem. How do you get over it? How can you maintain your routine when it's cold and blustery outside?
Please discuss... or this is going to be an awfully short weight-loss blog...
E x

No comments:

Post a Comment